The Maintaining Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS) course is a three-day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using quality-of-service (QoS) mechanisms. The course focuses on the QoS mechanisms, how they are implemented using Cisco IOS® Software and Cisco IOS XR Software, and how to perform monitoring and troubleshooting of QoS in service provider environments.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the typical QoS requirements in service provider networks and list solutions and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for QoS.
- Perform changes in the configuration of QoS based on designs and implementation templates as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based monitoring tools.
- Perform fault management for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
● Module 0: Course Introduction
● Module 1: Service Provider QoS Operation Processes 1.1: Service Provider QoS Overview 1.2: Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL®
● Module 2: Change Management for QoS 2.1: Implementing QoS Mechanisms in Service Provider Networks 2.2: Adding Core and Edge Routers or Core and Edge Links and Implementing QoS 2.3: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 3: Performance Management for QoS 3.1: Monitor QoS Performance in the Core and Edge 3.2: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 4: Fault Management for QoS 4.1: Troubleshoot QoS in the Edge and Core 4.2: Analyze Lab Scenario Lab Outline The lab outline is as follows:
● Module 1 Lab 1-1: Familiarization with the Lab Setups, Including Connectivity; Lab Topology
● Module 2 Lab 2-1: Adding Edge Routers
● Module 3 Lab 3-1: Monitor QoS Performance in the Core and Edge
● Module 4 Lab 4-1: Troubleshoot QoS
- Support staff
- Service provider network operations center (NOC) personnel
- Service provider engineers
- Service provider partners
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS software command line interface (CLI)
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices
- Ability to implement Service Provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of OSPF, IS-IS and BGP Protocols
- Ability to execute IOS and IOS XR configuration and monitoring commands
- Unix and / or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments