Partner Only Training: This two-day training course provides a thorough foundation for how to successfully install, configure, and administer the Cisco Email Security Appliances (Formerly Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliance).
At the end of the course, attendees will possess a working knowledge of how to use Cisco Email Security Appliances to successfully manage and troubleshoot email traffic entering and leaving the enterprise network.
Attendees receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on:
- How to administer with best practices for configuration and operation.
- How to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the flow of email through Cisco Email Security Appliances.
- How to configure access control policies to eliminate threats at the perimeter, based on the identity and trustworthiness of the sender.
- How to create and apply Data Loss Prevention (DLP) polices to outgoing email.
- Extensive lab exercises provide attendees with a simulated enterprise email environment.
- Module 1 Introduction
- Module 2 Performing an Evaluation
- Module 3 Configuring Sender & Recipient Groups
- Module 4 Tracking and Reporting Messages
- Module 5 Configuring Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus
- Module 6 Using Content Filters
- Module 7 Preventing Data Loss
- Module 8 Encrypting Outgoing Email
- Module 9 Configuring LDAP
- Module 10 Providing Ongoing Customer Support
- A moderate knowledge of TCP / IP fundamentals, including IP addressing and sub-netting, static IP routing and DNS.
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message format.
- Familiarity with command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI).
- Previous experience with email security would be helpful.